WABLE Foundation is a small organisation with big dreams to provide affordable, clean and safe drinking water to people who don’t have access. We are initially focused on the rural areas of Kenya and foresee expansion across the country and beyond. Wable provides guidance, strategies and tools for community building and empowerment and realises projects on the ground that are working examples of social and environmental regeneration. We believe solutions can emerge from collaborative relationships promoting diversity and co-creation. Our innovative approach to creating a decentralised drinking water supply ensures equitable governance through local stewardship and long-term environmental resilience, enabling systemic change.
Treasurer to the Board of Trustees
About the job
Do you have an ability to communicate and explain financial information? A team-oriented approach to problem solving with management and leadership skills. We strive for a charity providing services for the underserved. We value a pleasant, positive atmosphere. Plenty of room for personal input, in-depth knowledge and personal development. This is a voluntary position.
The role of the Treasurer is to ensure that the finances and the supporting financial control systems are in order. The Treasurer will help create and maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Ensuring that full financial records are kept for all transactions, and that proper professional financial procedures and controls are in place to safeguard the organisation’s resources;
- Ensuring that money received is only spent on the purposes for which it was given, and, where required, ensuring that reports and accounts demonstrating this are submitted to funders;
- Set-up and creation of the accounting procedures and key internal controls to be able to assure the Board that the charity’s financial integrity is sound; ensure the organisations finances and budget forecasts are updated and in order;
- Ensuring that a realistic budget is produced which meets all the organisation’s needs and that there is an appropriate reserves policy;
- Keeping the Board and management team informed about its financial duties and responsibilities;
- Guiding and advising the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements, within a relevant financial policy framework;
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans and key assumptions in the Business Development Plan and annual budget;
- Ensuring that all Board members and management team have a clear understanding of the accounts presented at meetings and the implications that they reveal;
- Monitoring the organisation’s income and expenditure position, and presenting reports to the Board and management team at least quarterly;
- Ensuring that accounts are prepared at year-end in compliance and arranging for them to be audited or independently examined;
- Ensuring that annual accounts are submitted within the deadlines set;
- Presenting the accounts at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and understandable way;
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Skills and experience in strategic planning and business management.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An interest and commitment to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willingness to engage in representational duties if required.
- The Treasurer must be a proactive board member who can help to take the organisation’s objectives forward.
- Be in a position to lead a small finance sub-committee working with the Executive Director and Founder, as required.
- Time commitment
- Quarterly board meetings a year
- Annual general meeting
- Ad hoc liaison with the management team, executive director
- Meetings are held in Utrecht or online
Please submit the following in English to be considered for this vacancy:
1. A cover letter/email describing your interest in the position and highlighting your experience (maximum one page)
2. Resume or CV (maximum two pages)
Please only submit files in PDF file format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secretary to the Board of Trustees
About the job
Are you looking for a meaningful and challenging (voluntary) board position as board secretary in a fun and friendly team with a lot of ambition? If you like being in control and the spider in the web, this vacancy might be for you.
As Secretary of the Board:
You support the chairperson in preparing the board meetings and the agenda in close collaboration with the management team to ensure all priorities are scheduled correctly, and attendance and board meeting quorum is met. You will be the link between the board members and management team communicating deadline agreements. Take care of incoming/outgoing communication on behalf of the Board. You are working with the management team to properly archive policy documents. Responsible for monitoring the management team’s activity on behalf of the board members, ensuring all activity is in line with the constitution.
- Extensive experience in the secretarial field;
- Good command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of programs such as Microsoft and Google;
- Ability to work in a structured way;
- You are accurate and reliable;
- You have a proactive attitude.
Has your interest been aroused? For more information about this voluntary position or to apply, you can contact Samantha Constance at email@example.com.